The Tucson Section of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration awarded more than $25,000 in scholarships to 23 mining students at the University of Arizona.
Fall 2013 recipients included:
- Danielle Taran, Newmont Exceptional Leader
- Alexander Gutman, Rosemont Copper Outstanding Leader
- Ashlyn Hooten, ASARCO Outstanding Leader
- Nick Carouso, BHP Billiton Special Recognition in Leadership
- Sean Hovorka, Freeport-McMoRan Special Recognition in Leadership
Read more, including a list of UA's other winners, in the January 2014 issue of SME's Mining Engineering Magazine.